The Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP) is under the Ministry of Commerce, Royal Thai Government. It provides support to enhance the global competitiveness of Thai manufacturers and exporters.
DITP’s 4 main missions:
1) expand the markets for Thai products and services;
2) develop an added value for exported products and services;
3) provide related regulations and information on trade opportunities in Thailand;
4) enhance the potential of Thai exporters in the global market.
Thai Trade Center Budapest
Office of Commercial Affairs, or Overseas Thai Trade Centers (TTC), under the supervision of the DITP, are located in 58 major cities around the world to conduct bilateral trade and investment promotion activities.
Thai Trade Center Budapest, as an integrated department of the Royal Thai Embassy, was established in 1992 to promote bilateral trade relations and explore investment opportunities for Thai companies. Thai Trade Center Budapest is a one-stop business service center, which provides trade and investment information, as well as facilitates business matching between Thai exporters and international buyers.
Thai Trade Center Budapest is a regional representative office of DITP in South-Central Europe and Southeastern Europe. It also covers the following accredited countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, Romania, and Serbia.
Main objectives of TTC Budapest:
- Promoting exports from Thailand
- Promoting investment in Thailand
- Supporting investments from Thailand in Hungary and the Balkans
Thai Trade Center Budapest as a One-Stop Business Center offers the following services for its esteemed would-be partners:
• Providing information about promising Thai industries, Thai products, and reliable Thai companies registered with the Thai Ministry of Commerce
• Respond to trade inquiries from Thai companies, with market analysis and business guidance in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, Romania, and Serbia
• Assisting local companies in visiting international trade fairs in Thailand and joining business matching events
• Perform market research and networking (B2B meetings, online business matching, and business conferences)
• Coordinate and facilitate business contacts
• Monitor relevant trade policies abroad regarding bilateral trade and investment opportunities
• Participate in international trade promotion events and exhibitions